Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bob Bartlett: 1904 - 1968

"Hills are unpleasant, so I like to get them over with as quickly as possible. "
-Bob Bartlett


Today's quote speaks out to the rush of life and all the endeavors we endure throughout it. I enjoy quotes that I can relate to and I feel I've been able to do that with this piece. In my experience these hills Bartlett speaks of are most often moral challenges that we have to deal with on a day to day basis. For example today I am faced with the challenge of paying my car insurance, while I always like to pay my premium upfront six months at a time I often find that it leaves me financially short for several weeks to come. Overall I've found that it breaks even in the long run because I don't have the monthly hassle of the payment to stir up chaos in my home. I have to give credit where credit is due though, this practice has been instilled in my by my mother and father as they have always been great moral guides for me throughout my life. Well that's all for today; Dasme, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment